this web page A lovely Norman church, but difficult to photograph as it sits on its own little hill!

research papers on music  

http://www.maggiejeans.com/?educ=maps7  

order resume online argos Kings Pyon - Herefordshire - St. Marys - exterior

cours de dissertation franais  

http://www.debhopton.com/?educ=maps17  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kings Pyon - Herefordshire - St. Marys - interior

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Font

12th century wooden font…..ornately carved.

 

 

 

Kings Pyon - Herefordshire - St. Marys - font 2 wood

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
One of the carvings at the base of the wooden font, which appears to show a winged Knight Templar

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kings Pyon - Herefordshire - St. Marys - wooden font detail

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
The top of the font, which can be raised and lowered using an ingenious pulley system

 

 

 

 

Kings Pyon - Herefordshire - St. Marys - wooden font top

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2nd font, possibly 13th century

 

 

 

 

Kings Pyon - Herefordshire - St. Marys - font

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Memorials

Mid 14th century effigy of what is believed to be a Mortimer and his wife. There is considerable damage to the stone

 

 

 

 

 

Kings Pyon - Herefordshire - St. Marys - mortimer effigy

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
another view of the effigy, showing the lion at the foot

 

 

 

 

Kings Pyon - Herefordshire - St. Marys - mortimer effigy2

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Elizabeth Carpenter

Sacred to the memory of Mrs. Elizabeth Carpenter relict of James Carpenter Esq. of the Hide Field in this parish, who conscientiously discharged through life the various duties of a Christian, a parent, and a friend, and died universally esteemed and respected the 9th day of June 1794 aged 70. Sacred to the memory of James Carpenter, eldest son of James Carpenter Esq. by Elizabeth his wife, who died the 17th day of July 1792 aged 37

 

 

 

Kings Pyon - Herefordshire - St. Marys - memorial plaque

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
There are also memorials to the Tomkyns family who farmed nearby and were responsible for breeding the original Hereford cows.