The church of St. Nicholas is 12th century, with additions in the 13th century and renovations in the mid 17th century. The spire was taken down in the 18th century due to lack of funds for repairs.
It was one of the churches that belonged to the Knights Hospitalers of the Order of St. John, the Priory of St. Guthlac having made the rights over to them in the late 12th century. and here they reserved the right to use the graveyard to bury pilgrims who died.
John, only child of John Griffiths of the City of Hereford, Surgeon, and Margaret his wife. Died 20th Sept. MDCCCXX1 aged 18 years. Also John Griffiths, died 21st January MDCCCXXXV11 aged 72 years. Also Margaret, relict of the above, died XV11 Jan. MXCCCXL1V aged LXXVXV11
Sacred to the Memory of George Jancey, late of Pantalls in this Parish who departed this life on 26th day of February 1852 aged 69. Also Margaret Jancey, widow of above who departed this life August 13th 1880 aged 94