Bridstow lies just a short distance from Ross on Wye close to the Wilton roundabout.
The name Bridstow probably relates to a holy place, or meeting place of St. Bride’s.
The bridge over the river Wye at nearby Wilton is 16th century.
Churches of Bridstow
- St. Bridget's Church - Bridstow
The church of St Bridget is in the middle of the parish, fairly unusual for Herefordshire village churches.Read More >
News from the Past Bridstow
Buildings of Bridstow
- Wilton Castle History
History of Wilton Castle
Set Close to the River Wye in Wilton village near Ross on Wye, Wilton Castle itself dates back to the 12th century, whilst the adjoining manor house was built in the 15th century and was altered throughout the Norman, Tudor, Elizabethan, Georgian and Victorian periods.Read More >
- Moraston House History
Moraston House building started in 1811 and was finally finished in 1815, with a large extension being added in the late 19th century. The grounds and gardens were, and still are, absolutely beautiful.Read More >