The village of Canon Frome is close to Ashperton and about 5 miles from Ledbury.
Churches of Canon Frome
- St. James' Church - Canon Frome
This lovely little church is actually the third to be built on the site, and sits within yards of Canon Frome Court, the family home of the Hoptons for nearly four hundred years.Read More >
Buildings in Canon Frome
- Canon Frome Court
In the sixteenth century, after the Dissolution of the Monasteries, the Manor of Nether Frome was purchased by Richard Harford of Bosbury, (later Sir Richard, described as a “Usurer” in parliament) and when he died, his widow Martha leased it to Michael Hopton from Ludlow whom she eventually married, and they built what was known then as the Strong House, a moated building, which event saw the beginning of some 300 years of Hopton ownership of the site. Michael Hopton himself died on 1st April 1668.Read More >