The tiny parish of Elton is close to the Shropshire border on the Wigmore Road and lies in the district of Ludlow.
Churches of Elton
- St. Mary the Virgin Church - Elton
The church at Elton dedicated to St. Mary the Virgin was restored in 1876.Read More >
News from the Past Elton
Buildings of Elton
- Elton Hall History
Elton Hall was rebuilt in the mid 18th century, although it kept the bones of an earlier half timbered house, and Elton estate was in the occupation of Thomas Andrew Knight, who was an important agricultural and horticulture developer. At Elton he created a walled garden where he performed some of his many experiments with fruit trees etc. More about Thomas Andrew Knight can be found here at Downton Castle.Read More >