research paper on sports The small village of Moccas is on the south bank of the River Wye twelve miles from Hereford, and the name is made up of two Welsh words – mochyn meaning pig, and rhos meaning moor.
Churches of Moccas
- St. Michael & All Angels Church - Moccas
http://www.ahmackenziedesign.com/?educ=maps4 This Norman church dedicated to St. Michael & All Angels was built in around 1130, but fell into disrepair over the centuries. In the early part of the 18th century repairs were made, and in 1978 it was re-roofed. This is one of the Herefordshire churches which sports a Green Man!Read More >
Buildings in Moccas
- Moccas Court History
doctoral dissertation ginger and cholesterol Moccas Court was built in the early eighteenth century, and is a very fine, very large brick built mansion. Over the centuries, the Cornewall family retained ownership, but now it has gone the way of so many country houses that are so expensive to maintain and it is used variously as a wedding location; B & B, and party venue.Read More >