http://www.readjohnmmclaughlin.com/?educ=maps8 The large village of Walford is some 2 miles south of Ross on Wye, on the edge of the Forest of Dean and the name is believed to come from “Wales Ford” where the old track to Wales crossed the River Wye..
Churches of Walford
- St. Michael & All Angels Church - Walford
In the 13th century, the original tiny building of this church was extended and then it was further added to and renovated over the centuries.Read More >
News from the Past Walford
Buildings of Walford
- Bishopswood House - Previously The Coppice
Bishopswood House in Walford was until fairly recently called The Coppice or Coppice Vicarage, and was built in 1844 for John Partridge, a past High Sheriff of Monmouthshire when the parish of Bishopswood was created by combining Walford with Ruardean over the border in Gloucestershire. John funded the building of the church for the new parish.Read More >