The church of the Holy Rood suffered flooding in 1811, after which it was modified and then further restored in the late 19th century. Continue reading
Mordiford lies by the River Lugg at the foot of a beautiful wood some 4 miles from Hereford, and was once an important mining village. A rather lovely 9 span bridge over the river was once a useful source of silver spurs for the king………apparently every time a king crossed the bridge the local lords of the manors had to give him a pair!!
Riotous behaviour, a naughty policeman. assault and much more Continue reading
The Sufton estate in Mordiford was owned by the Hereford family since the 12th century, and this neat manor house was built during the 18th century by James Wyatt for James Hereford, who was renowned for his kindness and charity to both tenantry and the poor. Continue reading
Tom Spring (born Winter) – Bare knuckle fighter and Champion Continue reading