follow url The church and churchyard at Felton is beautifully cared for.
online resumes This church was erected on the site of a previous one and was opened on 29th October 1854 by the Lord Bishop of Hereford.
By 1891 it had become evident that a great many repairs were needed to keep the church in good condition, and thankfully the patrons of the benefice at the time, the Messrs. Wood, came forward with the money to enable work to begin.
The church was completely renovated and repaired, and an organ chamber was added.
It features what at the time was a new principle, that is a peal of bells which can be rung by one person.
The pulpit at Felton is most unusual being made purely of marble and erected in 1882 in memory of Henry T. Hill, Rector for 30 years
Three plaques – the top one to Mary Hill wife of Colonel Herbert Francis Hill and daughter of John Leader of Keal Co. Cork. Born 18th February 1850 and died 10th March 1931. Also Dorothy Mary Joyce, their daughter who died aged 11 on 6th October 1900. The middle one is Captain Gerard Leader Hill, Lincolnshire Regiment, only son of Colonel Herbert Francis Hill and Mary his wife. Milled in Action at the 3rd battle of Ypres on 26th September 1917 aged 35. The bottom one is Herbert Francis Hill, Colonel 1st Sussex Regiment,