A Victorian church in the most extraordinary Italian style.
The original chapel, built in 1840, was extensively renovated by Prebendary William Poole. He left the old Chapel as it was but encased its walls with red sandstone. Internally, the central pillars are of French and Cornish marble, set upon solid bases of green marble. The white marble altar sports Lapis Lazuli, and the whole interior was inspired by the Cathedral of Le Puy in France. This is one of Herefordshire’s most unusual churches.
The photo below was supplied by Michael Lever of the Ledbury History Society and shows the cloisters