The church of St. James is early Norman but has been extensively restored
In December 1903 fund raising efforts for a new church organ were well under way, with a sale of new and used clothes – tea and entertainment provided for a small cost! In 1907 the Vicar held a fete at the Vicarage which proved a great fund raising success and the opening of the new organ finally took place on 14th August in that year.
In 1954 however, an auxiliary organ which was used for years in Bolton Abbey parish church in Yorkshire was gifted to the church.
Further rummage sales took place in the ensuing years to help pay for the Nave roof.