Originally Norman, the church of St. Lawrence was rebuilt in 14th Century.
The font at St. Lawrence is14th Century, but the base is modern
There is a monument to Sir Edward Hopton 1668, and his wife Deborah 1702.
On the floor, a slab commemorates Dorothy Jauncey.
Many members of the Hopton family who lived at nearby Canon Frome Court are commemorated in this church, because their own church at Canon Frome was destroyed during the Civil War.