Residents of Tupsley prior to the 1860s had to attend churches in Hampton Bishop or Hereford, all of them at least two miles away from where they lived.

Several gentlemen, most notably R. Davies, T. Ballard and J. Jay decided that something had to be done, and eventually funds were raised for the building of a church at Tupsley, with the Lord Bishop of the Diocese granting five acres of land for the church, burial ground, schools and Vicarage.

The chief corner stone was laid in July 1864 with great ceremony.

In 1867, an amateur concert was held in the music room of the Shirehall, Hereford, in order to raise funds for the new organ at the church.




Tupsley - Herefordshire - St. Paul - exterior












Tupsley - Herefordshire - St. Paul - interior












Tupsley - Herefordshire - St. Paul - font