click here St. Peter’s is the older of the two medieval churches in Hereford
It was founded by Walter de Lacy in around 1080 but sadly Walter was accidentally killed on the completion of the work in 1085, when he fell from the battlements, and in 1101 the church was given by his son, Hugh de Lacy, to the abbey of St. Peter at Gloucester.

http://www.maggiejeans.com/?educ=maps5  

http://www.ahmackenziedesign.com/?educ=maps21  

source site  

 

Hereford - Herefordshire - St. Peter - exterior

 

 

 

Hereford st. peter resized interior

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Font

Original font – still in regular use

 

 

Hereford - Herefordshire - St. Peter - original font

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Replacement font – used on occasions

 

 

 

Hereford - Herefordshire - St. Peter - later font