The village of Bredwardine sits close to the River Wye near to Hay on Wye on the Welsh border
Up on the hill between Bredwardine and Dorstone can be found a large stone structure resembling a table, and although it has a legend connected to King Arthur and knights, it was actually a tomb for locals some 5,000 years ago and has simply lost its protective layer of earth and grass.
Churches of Bredwardine
- St. Andrew's Church - Bredwardine
St Andrew’s church at Bredwardine is an early Norman church with many interesting features and sits in a glorious position near to the River Wye. A notable vicar was the Victorian diarist, Francis Kilvert who held the position from 1877 until 1879.Read More >
The beautiful wooden Reredos behind the altar is a memorial to Caroline Broome-Giles, the daughter of a local doctor