The church of St. Tysilio at Sellack is in the most glorious peaceful position, surrounded by fields.
The original building was 12th century, with additions and subtractions over the next two centuries. In 1840, the parishioners rather wrecked the church by removing most of the north aisle and making a mess of building the north transept!
However, the church was re-opened on 7th December 1841 and was declared to have been considerably enlarged with free sittings provided for the accommodation of the poor. The sermon was preached by the Lord Bishop of Hereford.
Lately, there has been much restoration and repair work, including on the 15th century spire.
died 5th March 1760 aged 75. Also his wife Penelope Symonds who died llth December 1773 aged 80
died August 1827 and his wife Mary. Also thomas died September 23rd 1847 aged 75 and his son John and wife Mary