The original Aramstone House dated back to the early 17th century, when it was owned by the Marrett family, then it passed to the Woodhouse family through marriage.  Francis Woodhouse rebuilt the house in around 1730 and it stood in gorgeous grounds close to the River Wye.  Outside features included an ice house;  a cold bath, glasshouses and a dovecote. Continue reading

Related Pages