click at this page The church of St. Andrew probably dates from the 12th century, although little remains from that period, and it was completely renovated and partly rebuilt in 1867.
Thomas Evans, the principal landed proprietor of the parish in 1867, was not happy to merely build his own beautiful mansion, but in conjunction he almost entirely funded the renovation of the church as well as donating the land for the enlargement of the building.
St. Andrews church was in a dreadfully dilapidated condition, but the rebuild was in keeping with the original style, with a brand new, plain, font in Bath stone, and a beautifully carved oak lecturne.
The new organ, a gift of Mrs. Evans, was quite small and was placed in a recess at the south west angle of the nave.
The principal feature of the restoration was the new tower and spire, made of stone and considered extremely beautiful with the spire having a gilt cock with vane.
There was only one bell but the tower was built to accommodate a peal of five bells, and the parishioners were working to raise the money to pay for them.