The original 17th century Moreton Court was occupied by John Keysall, a banker of London and high sheriff of Herefordshire in 1794, then from 1816 by William Chute Gwinnett who had served as High Sheriff of the county in 1823, and found fame at Moreton Court as an agriculturist and for his splendid herd of Hereford cattle. Continue reading
This large village lies some four miles north of Hereford. There is a wonderful sixteenth century bridge here, over the River Lugg.
Child murder at Moreton on Lugg Continue reading
The church of St. Andrew probably dates from the 12th century, although little remains from that period, and it was completely renovated and partly rebuilt in 1867.