go site The original church of St. Mary at Monnington on Wye was 13th century, but it was rebuilt in 1679 by Uvedfale Tomkins and his wife Mary. (Uvedfale’s grandfather, James Tomkins was an MP for Leominster in 1623, but was hanged in 1643 for raising an army for the King against Parliament.
Like a great many Herefordshire villages, Monnington was staunchly Royalist, and the huge Royal Stuart Arms inside this church bear witness to that fact
Royal Stuart Arms
The font in St. Mary’s church is dated 1689
Francis Perrot, died 1667