After the Norman Conquest Bromyard developed into an important manor of the Bishop, with a palace next to the church.
Disease freee workhouse Continue reading
The Bromyard Workhouse was built in 1836 at a cost of around £3000, the architect being George Wilkinson who also was responsible for the workhouses at Leominster, Weobley and Ledbury. Continue reading
The church of St. Peter at Bromyard dates back to the 12th century, and the church registers are amongst the earliest in the country, going back to 1538. Continue reading