research papers on music This church was extensively restored in 1865, the cost being born by Mrs. Hope whose brother in law was Rev’d Edward Higgins of Bosbury Manor. Apparently he suffered a nasty riding accident, and was nursed in Coddington Rectory until better. Mrs. Hope was so grateful (and wealthy) that she paid £1832 for the restoration. Continue reading
This tiny village sits in the far northeast corner of Herefordshire, close to Ledbury and Colwall, and the name Coddington derives from the Anglo Saxon “Coton” – the plural of “Cote” which means a collection of mud cottages.
Tales of Trespass, fire and the perils of gin Continue reading
This large mansion house has been renamed twice, being initially Moorfields, then Coddington House/Court and latterly Adhisthana, and was built in 1796 on a farming estate at Coddington near Ledbury by Thomas Holder who also formed a garden and park around the house. Continue reading
In the centre of Coddington is the Old Rectory which dates back to 1585 and is built of local stone. Continue reading