Bodenham is a village roughly six miles south of Leominster.
The original village lies in a meander of the river Lugg but there is now a bigger and more modern village half a mile away, known as Bodenham Moor.
Churches of Bodenham
- St. Michaels & All Angels Church - Bodenham
This church is set in the middle of the peaceful village, and was built in the 13th century.Read More >
News from the past Bodenham
Buildings of Bodenham
- Broadfield Court History
Broadfield Court began life in the 13th century, and in the 14th century was owned by a monastic order. By the 16th century the house was privately owned and in 1770 the estate was settled on Robert Phillipps. Over the following years, the house was allowed to fall into disrepair until it was purchased by John H. Burchall who began renovations in the 19th century.Read More >
- Bodenham Manor/The Vicarage, Bodenham
The original building on the site of Bodenham Manor was pulled down when the Rev. Henry Arkwright was appointed as clergyman of Bodenham in 1842 by his uncle John Hungerford Arkwright who was the grandson of Sir Richard Arkwright of cotton spinning fame.Read More >
A new house, The Vicarage, was built in 1843/44 which belonged to the church, and Henry Arkwright with his fast growing family moved in in 1850 – he stayed there until he died in 1889.