The village of Marstow is close to the boundary with Gloucestershire and nearly five miles from Ross on Wye.
Churches of Marstow
- St. Matthew's Church - Marstow
The church at Marstow was originally called St. Martins, and was on a completely different site, down by the Garron Brook. However, the Garron Brook was prone to overflowing its banks and flooding the church, so in 1855 the old church was demolished and the present church dedicated to St. Matthew was built at Brelstone Green, Marstow.Read More >
News from the Past Marstow
Buildings of Marstow
- Pencraig Court
Pencraig Court is a fairly large house lying between Ross on Wye and Monmouth, with wonderful views over the River Wye, and beautiful grounds; although it is presently being used as a hotel, it hasn’t been altered so drastically that it could not be turned back into a private residence.Read More >