Great Brampton House is a Regency Building on the Site of an older property, probably built for John Pye who sold it in 1825 to Charles Ballinger. In 1853 the house was acquired by the Murray Aynsley family who are thought to have made many of the alterations that leave the house in the basic form which we see today. Continue reading
The village of Madley lies some six miles from Hereford, and St. Dubricius is believed to have been born here.
Poachers, schooling, murder and ghosts Continue reading
The dedication of a church to the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary is quite rare in England; and what is also rare about this church at Madley is the survival of some 14th century wall paintings which underwent restoration in 1992. The pictures told the story of the Passion, death and resurrection of Jesus. Continue reading