Bishopswood House in Walford was until fairly recently called The Coppice or Coppice Vicarage, and was built in 1844 for John Partridge, a past High Sheriff of Monmouthshire when the parish of Bishopswood was created by combining Walford with Ruardean over the border in Gloucestershire. John funded the building of the church for the new parish. Continue reading
In the 13th century, the original tiny building of this church was extended and then it was further added to and renovated over the centuries. Continue reading
The large village of Walford is some 2 miles south of Ross on Wye, on the edge of the Forest of Dean and the name is believed to come from “Wales Ford” where the old track to Wales crossed the River Wye..
“Walford bits and pieces Continue reading