In the mid 16th century the Garnstone estate was granted to trustees by James Tomkyns for his own use along with his wife Margery, and his descendants remained there until 1661. At this time it became part of the settlement made upon Anne Tomkyns on her marriage to Roger Vaughan, and it was sold to Colonel Birch, a successful officer in Cromwell’s army.
Colonel Birch was originally a pack horse driver, travelling and trading his own goods, and he was so… Continue reading
The Workhouse at Weobley was built in 1837 at White Hill, and the building still exists but became the home of the Council Offices and has now been converted into flats. Continue reading