The small village of Weston Under Penyard is two miles east of Ross on Wye.

Churches of Weston Under Penyard

  • St. Lawrence Church - Weston Under Penyard

    The church of St. Lawrence dates from the 12th century, with rebuilding and additions in the 13th and 14th centuries. The original spire was badly damaged by lightning in 1750 so was dismantled, but the tower was restored in 1927.

    Read More >

News from the Past Weston Under Penyard

Buildings of Weston Under Penyard

  • Penyard House - History

    Believed to have been built in 1821 at Weston under Penyard by John Partridge, a wealthy land owner (in fact he owned a great deal of the village), Penyard House is in the Italian style and  sits in 9 acres of beautiful gardens and parkland.

    Read More >
  • Bollitree Castle - History

    Herefordshire is rich with glorious castles, some of which admittedly are in ruins, but Bollitree Castle cannot be counted among their number as it is more of a house masquerading as a castle;   it never had anything to do with defence and was a mere folly which was added on to a Queen Anne mansion.  The stable block however has always been considered to be rather splendid, and is now Grade 11 listed.

    Read More >